Mr Andrew BurnsPodiatrist
Available Monday afternoons
Andrew completed his undergraduate podiatry studies at the South Australian Institute of Technology, now known as the University of South Australia and has continued with post graduate studies in Podiatry and Exercise Physiology. Andrew has worked as a Podiatrist for over 30 years and has been actively involved in the Australian Podiatry Association. Andrew has gained considerable clinical experience at a number of international institutions and has given academic presentations on the physiology and mechanics of running at podiatry conferences.
- All patients can expect to have a comprehensive assessment and treatment plan, according to their needs with quality continuing care as needed.
- Andrew’s goal for each patient to be able to return to a comfortable pain free lifestyle as soon as possible. Appropriate diagnosis is the first step in a more specific and therefore successful treatment program.
- Whether you are a competitive athlete or recreational sports participant, or your podiatry needs are related to day to day activities; treatment should be directed not just at the problem but also address the causative factors to prevent re-occurrence.
- Andrew can provide assessment, diagnosis, advice plus treatment for lower limb and gait problems with consideration of children, their age, sport and recreational activities.
Outside of work, Andrew has a keen interest in athletics having won Athletics SA State marathon three times, Adelaide’s 1/2 marathon and other “fun run” events. Andrew is also an experienced triathlete from short course to ironman 70.3.
Initial Consult (30mins) $75.00
Standard Consult (30 mins) $65.00
Areas of Special Interest
- General foot care
- Removal of corns and callus
- Diabetes management including neurovascular assessments
- Training-induced injury
- Traumatic injury
- Lower limb needling and acupuncture
- Shock Wave Therapy for chronic soft tissue injuries
Mr Andrew FortMental Health Nurse Practitioner
Available Wednesday evenings
Andrew Fort is an experienced Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, seeking to create safe, accessible spaces and conversations, within which we can begin to make sense of mental health distress commonly referred to as ‘mental illness’.
Andrew qualified as a Mental Health Nurse in South Australia in 1985, and has worked with people in mental health distress across diverse settings, including metropolitan and rural South Australia, and the Northern Territory. He completed a Master of Nurse Practitioner degree at the University of Adelaide in 2012, with a focus on the mental health and wellbeing of youth and young adults.
What does Andrew offer?
Andrew has two strong areas of interest. He is very experienced and interested in working with youth and young adults along with their family and friends during distressing and confusing times. Andrew’s other passionate area of interest and curiosity is helping people to make sense of their extreme states, such as voices, visions and related experiences.
Youth and Young Adults
Andrew has supported many young people through confusing and distressing times, and has experience of working with young people with significant mental health issues. Andrew uses a variety of approaches, working alongside a young person in choosing the most helpful way forward. He can be calm and understanding even when you are feeling overwhelmed.
Voices, visions and related experiences
Andrew has a particular interest in psychosis and related experiences, which he understands as natural human responses to trauma or life circumstances, with potential meaning in the context of people’s lives. Andrew uses elements of:
- Maastricht-informed (Accepting & Making Sense) approaches to voice hearing and related experiences, also known as ‘Experience Focussed Counselling’;
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy;
- Lifestyle approaches (sleep, activity, nutrition);
- Linking to Hearing Voices Groups
As an authorised prescriber, Andrew is interested in working alongside you and your chosen support team to explore the minimal use of medication for maximum benefit.
30 minutes - $83 full fee / $65 pension fee (after
Medicare rebate $49.20 / $31.20 )
45-60 minutes - $116 full fee / $89 pension fee (after
Medicare rebate $66.20 / $39.20 )